Sustainability in Santa Teresa Costa Rica.
Hotel Tropico Latino is proud to announce that Santa Teresa Beach has received once again the "Bandera Azul" (Blue Flag) ecological recognition award in Costa Rica for 2012! The hotel is one of the main sponsors of the Environmental Committee in the beach communities of Mal Pais, Carmen, Santa Teresa and Hermosa.
Our key objectives are:
• Control and protection of the sanitation and quality of sea and drinking water, in coordination with the Health Ministry and AYA (Costa Rica’s water company). This is a main requisite to obtain the “Bandera Azul” award.
• Constant cleaning of the beaches and streets.
• Coordination, design, elaboration, placement and maintenance of informational signs at major touristic traffic points.
• Environmental education through seminars given at local schools.
In addition, Hotel Tropico Latino is actively contributing to the environment by implementing environmentally friendly practices at our facilities, such as:
• The use of only biodegradable cleaning and fumigating products, soap and shower gel in every room.
• Transforming all of our restaurant’s organic waste into a fertilizer used in our tropical gardens.
• The use of EM (Effective Microorganisms) to promote healthy soil for healthier plants, clean water, odor control, waste management and healthier animals.
• The use of energy-efficient light bulbs.
If you would like to learn more about the environmental committee and ways to contribute please see Environmental Committee Program or join us on Facebook. Comision Ambiental :: Get involved